Metals & Materials Engineers is currently seeking an experienced Mini Excavator Operator with direct experience in installing residential water meters. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the excavation and installation of residential water meters in DeKalb County in a safe and timely manner with emphasis on SAFETY FIRST. Leadership qualities are a must as this individual will serve as the crew chief for a past paced, production driven operation. Job duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with ground installation technician in the excavation and installation process of water meter placement
- Ensure trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade
- Be mindful of underground utilities/cables and aware of proper excavating procedures to eliminate striking underground utilities/cables
- Follow directions of ground crew regarding gravel placement and grading
- Ability to cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule
- Be aware of changes in soil conditions and materials that impact operations
- Conduct trench work so that it meets OHSA and Company requirements
- Perform work in an outdoor construction site setting
- Be aware of proper work procedures and ensure that they are followed during Excavation
- Ability to complete the paperwork associated with the installation site
- Act in a courteous and professional manner in order to project a positive company Image
- Be observant of the condition of equipment and materials used to ensure company standards are met and promptly report any possible problems or defects
- Other duties as defined from time to time
- Must have reliable transportation and a good driving record
Job Closing Date
Submit Information and Resume for Consideration
Experience / Education & Training
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
- Competent Person Certification is HIGHLY desired.
- A minimum of 3 years operating a mini excavator and experience with water meter installation is a MUST.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to
time, as needed. Metal & Materials Engineers is An Equal Opportunity Employer and A Drug Free Workplace.